Thanks to Vicki over at Holly Daze for awarding me with this:
I really appreciate that she thinks enough of me to give me such a lovely award. I’m not sure I deserve it, but, then again, I’m not sure Pulp Fiction deserved an Oscar, so we’re even.
Of course, there is work to go with my pretty new award:
This award is for any blog that truly ‘measures up’.
1. Say one nice thing to a man in your life.
Truly, I say nice things to the men in my life all the time. Why, just the other day, I said, “Wanna go to bed??” to my husband. That seemed to make him happy.
Oh, wait, you probably didn’t need to know that. Ok. One nice thing – my husband is putting a new entrance on our house & it looks incredible. Amazing. Like out of a magazine, a really expensive one. So, I told him that. I think that was pretty nice.
2. List at least six ways that you measure success in your life (or for your blog).
Ok, this is really hard. I am not used to “measuring” success. But, here’s my best shot.
1. Getting out the door & to work without being late at least once a week. (Really, I aim for every day, but who are we kidding.)
2. The strength of the nearly-knock-me-over hug that I get from the kids when I pick them up
3. How well I cope with debt, stress and children – if I am at peace, I am successful
4. Whether I can look at my life and be pleased with the way I am living it
5. Knowing I have treated everyone as justly and equally as possible
6. Finding a way to make a difference in the world, even if it is only through my ramblings
3. Assign this award to six other blogs and leave them a comment telling the blogger that you’ve assigned them this award.
This one is sooooooo not fair. I read many blogs but most of them ALREADY HAVE this award. Darn it. I’m going to post this blank right now so that Vicki doesn’t think I don’t want the award. I do! I do! I’ll look around later today & find at least 1 to award it to. I also reserve the right to award it several more times over the coming weeks as I discover more amazing blogs.
I’ve awarded this to Mamma Needs To Rant because I so enjoy her stories about her 3 grown sons. She has a great sense of humor & always makes me think.
Now I choose a brand-new to me blog: Pancakes Gone Awry because it makes me laugh. Is there any better reason than that? Besides, Patty’s also got this thing about perfect that I totally get!