Thanks to Holly for letting me talk all about myself. Again. (Boy y’all are suckers for punishment, aren’t you?)
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog. Some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as linking to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven facts about me:
1. I married my high school sweetheart. We met in grade 10, before I had a driver’s license, so he spent more than a year driving to my hometown to visit me before I could return the favour. Now that’s love.
2. I once held more than 10 carats of loose Canadian diamonds in my hands. I worked at a jewelery store & we got the stones in as a special promotion. Those babies are actually really small when not set! And, if you present me with your newly engaged hand, I will examine the stones more than the setting. (And if you ask me later, I can tell you if Mr. Fiancee values quality or quantity. – Note ladies, you want quality. Says a lot about the marriage too.)
3. I love chocolate. I tried going a whole week once without it, well, it wasn’t pretty. Everyone has their vices, if that is my worst, I guess that’s not too bad.
4. I am an insatiable reader. I read everything, even the advertisements in the newspaper. My love of reading crosses many genres too. I like Stephen King, Nicolas Sparks, Patricia Cornwell, Jenny McCarthy, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Tom Clancy, Marcus Borg, Jodie Picoult. If you’ve read them all we might be soulmates but I’ll still let you be my friend if you’ve read even one.
5. I have my own snowmobile – a 1990 Polaris, it is well used & not as fast as my husband’s and that is a good thing. Why? Because I crashed his very fast snowmoblie into a tree when my kids were tiny. The tree was very very big, the machine was very very broken & I was very very lucky. Not even a scrape on me.
6. I used to sing in several choirs in high school. I loved it so much but the most I get to do now is lullabies and occasional community Christmas concerts. But, I would have never tried out for Idol. I’m not that good
7. I am a closet gourmet cook. As in, I would be a gourmet cook if someone would just appreciate it eat it. I actually look forward to the weekend so I can try out new recipes & fill the fridge & freezer. I have a collection of recipe books that has broken 2 kitchen drawers & my husband swore if I bought another he was leaving. Don’t tell him, but I’ve got two more on order. They were just calling my name, I swear.
And now I am going to cheat, because I left this soooooo long, that i can’t remember who’s done this one or not. SO, if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged & leave a comment directing me to your post. I’ll do better next time, promise….